Information for Client/ House Holder Preparation for Pest Control Service
Thank you for choosing us as your pest control service provider. David has over 30 years experience in property care services, so you can be confident in your choice.
Some things for you to be aware of before we spray your home for pests are:
- Pets and people must not be in the dwelling during spraying, and the dwelling will need to be vacant for 4 hours after interior spraying. If only exterior is to be sprayed the outside area may not be occupied or entered during spraying ( includes other tradesmen). This is a legal requirement for Health and Safety – no exceptions.
- When re-entering a building that has been sprayed, immediately open all doors and windows for ventilation, and preferably vacate again for 30 minutes.
- Either cover beds and bedding with drop cloths, or wash exposed bedding – especially pillow cases.
- Put all clothes, towels, facecloths, tissues, toilet paper, toothbrushes away in a cupboard. Likewise with children’s toys, pet bowls, pets toys, and pet blankets. Remove anything from the floor that could pose a tripping hazard to the pest control service provider ( he walks backwards as he sprays, and will be looking up, not down).
- Put away or cover all food items, chopping boards, knives etc. Wipe down bench areas used for food preparation before using again.
- If you have outdoor fish ponds close to your house these will need to be covered with a tarpaulin, or similar, if you are having the exterior of the house sprayed for spiders.
- If you have chosen to have the interior of your building sprayed for flies, please be aware that flies will still come in through open doors and windows, but will die when they land and contact the sprayed surface. There is a small house fly which often flies about without landing, these can only be eliminated with fly spray, since it catches them while airborne.
Thank you for your attention to these matters. Please call us if you have any concerns.
We look forward to being of service to you at the appointed time we have set for you, and also again in the future.
SAFE EFFECTIVE PEST CONTROL
Registered Member Pest Management Assn NZ